Thursday, February 14, 2013

How To Bring Back The Whiteness Of Old Refrigerator

Here's a tip to bring out the whiteness of your old refrigerator, and I'm not talking about a new paint job. Our old refrigerator is showing signs of aging; it is no longer as white as it used to be. No amount of scrubbing and cleaning can take out the old, dirty white look. However, upon looking at my toolbox, I saw my polishing cream. Can this be used on that old refrigerator, and make it look like new again?

Dirty Old Ref Being Cleaned With Polishing Cream
The Polishing Cream



I mainly use the polishing cream to clean the mags and chrome of my car. Since the ref is old, maybe there's no harm in trying. Using microfiber cloth, I carefully rubbed a small amount of cream over an area. After a few circular strokes, the whiteness is coming out. Amazing!

Dirty Old Ref Being Cleaned With Polishing Cream
The White and The Dirty White
You can use the polishing cream to whiten the old refrigerators and freezers. I tried using it on our gray-colored ref, but the result is not satisfactory. 

Dirty Old Ref Being Cleaned With Polishing Cream
With Flash, To Clearly Show The Difference

However, do this only if you have time to spare. It took me more than an hour to restore this freezer. This is like waxing your car, doing a few circular strokes at a time. Do not rush, or the whiteness will be very uneven. If you enjoy cleaning things as much as I do, I highly recommend using polishing cream for tough to remove surface grimes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...