Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Using CAT for concatenating files broken down via HJSplit

My friend Bu wanted to share with me a large 3GP file. However, attaching large files in email is limited (20MB or so in Gmail), so we needed to split the files. I have been using WinRAR to split files, but he is using HJSplit.

Oh, and I'm on Ubuntu.

I tried to look for an HJSplit equivalent for ubuntu, but I can't find anything useful. Somewhere, I've read that if the files are not compressed when split, you can use CAT to recombine them.

Here is the syntax:


Assuming the files are named filename.zip.001, filename.zip.002, filename.zip.003, etc etc, use this command to recombine them into one big happy file.

cat filename.zip.* > filename.zip
There goes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mukhang alam ko yata kung anung 3gp file ito.. huy bawal na yang mga clip na ganyan

markus said...

I plead the fifth, your honor.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...